Height: 24″ – the 1st percentile! 😂
Head: 59th percentile (I forgot the measurements). The doctor said even though she’s small her brain must be big! Ha.
Eating: Ruthie is all about solid food this month! So far she has had stage 1 and stage 2 baby food as well as some other solids like whole pieces of fruit and sweet potato. There’s no food so doesn’t like! She loves sitting in her high chair and opens her mouth for the spoon or whatever food is in her hand. I’m still nursing Ruthie three to four times a day and she gets a bottle of formula before she goes to bed at night. Dave almost always gives her this bottle.
Sleeping: Her nighttime sleep is still great. Her schedule during the day is a little inconsistent because she takes between two to three naps a day. I would love to move her to two naps, but it doesn’t always work with other things we have going on during the day and she loves to fall asleep in her car seat, which sometimes throws things off.
Leaps: Ruthie is on the tail end of leap 5 and she is changing so much developmentally. She can sit up with assistance (sometimes for a few seconds on her own), she can roll over from front to back. She’s not interested at all in crawling or moving and prefers to be on her back. I think she will be a late crawler/walker. The best thing about Ruthie right now is she laughs SO much 🙂 She loves when Dave carries her and I “chase” them around the room. She’s pretty needy and not independent. I try a lot to leave her to play by herself for a few minutes and she almost always cries for me. I can’t tell if she likes being around a lot of people or not. She likes when all the attention is on her, but is really tired after being with a lot of people. She loves her toys and soft books that she can put in her mouth. Pretty much anything in her hand goes in her mouth!
Highlights of this month:
- Halloween!! I had such a fun day with Ruthie at home for Halloween. She dressed up in her pumpkin costume at night and we drove around downtown looking at the trick or treaters. We didn’t go trick or treating, but next year!
- Ruthie’s granny (my grandmother) came to visit for a few days. Ruthie is lucky to have so many great grandparents.
- Our house is slowly but surely coming along. We can’t wait to move in someday.
What we’re looking forward to this month:
- Thanksgiving in Colorado!! Ruthie gets to go back to her birth state 😊
- I’m looking forward to when Ruthie can sit up independently and I can put a toy in front of her to play with.
- The Christmas season will be so much fun with a baby. I love the holidays!